Funerals are unfortunately an inevitable part of life and an extremely emotional occasion where, at times, words simply don`t seem to be enough or adequately do justice to the occasion. This is just one of the reasons that people send Funeral flowers as a tribute to the deceased and also to help in some way to comfort the family and friends who have lost a loved one.
One of the main difficulties that many people experience when sending Funeral flowers is what to write in an accompanying card that not only expresses their feelings and relationship to the deceased but also helps to console his or her loved ones at the time.
While there is obviously a certain degree of etiquette involved in the wording of funeral flower cards there really are no hard and fast set rules to the content within. The best advice that we can give on this matter is to write something from the heart that is pertinent to your relationship with the person involved, after all, it is what the deceased would have wanted and it will be greatly appreciated by their family at the time.
If you do find that you are having trouble deciding what to write we have listed some examples below that will hopefully help you at this difficult time…
*= Insert the name of the deceased – insert individual name, or family names.
- Dearest * may you rest in peace. With love from the * family.
- In loving memory. God bless you, may you rest in peace. Love *
- To (family member or friend) with love *
- Sadly our time together was far too short. May you rest in peace in the arms of the Lord. Love *
- All of our hearts are filled with sorrow. Rest in peace with love from *
- You will always be in our hearts and will never be forgotten. Lots of love *
- To a much loved friend, you will always be in my heart. Lots of love *
- With deepest sympathy from *
- In loving memory of our dear (friend or family member). Our hearts and prayers are with all the family and we wish we were there with you today. With all our love *
- To a true gentleman who was always there for everyone and will be sadly missed by all. Rest in peace love *
- Dear * with love and fond memories. Rest in peace in the loving arms of God. *
- Good night and God bless (family member or friend) you will always be in our hearts. *
- (Family member or friend) will be sadly missed but always remembered with a smile. Lots of love *
If you would like any advice on Funeral flower arrangements please contact First Impression Flowers today.